What is Social Media Management and Why You Need It
What is Social Media Management?
Social media management is the process of managing your online interactions and content creation across social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Social media management goes beyond just posting updates to your company’s social media profiles. It also includes looking for new opportunities to increase reach and visibility as well as engaging with your audience.
Here are just a few tasks that are involved with managing your social media:
Choosing the Right Social Media Platforms
Before you can begin putting together a game plan for social media management, you will need to consider what the best social media platforms are for your business. Here’s a brief overview of the different platforms and what benefits they can provide your business:
- Facebook – Facebook has millions monthly active users who come from diverse backgrounds. There is also a nice balance of genders and age groups when it comes to Facebook’s user-base. This makes it a great social platform for businesses that are trying to reach a wider more diverse audience.
- Instagram – Instagram is a great social media channel for brands that create a lot of visual content. Instagram’s audience tends to be on the younger side with more female users than male users. This can be a great platform for businesses selling products or services.
- Twitter – Twitter has 328 million active users worldwide and tends to be where users go for news and trends. This platform is ideal for brands that want to join a conversation about trending topics in their industry. It’s also a great place to share content with influencers and other individuals who might find your brand valuable.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn is the social media platform for B2B brands that are targeting businesses in different industries. With LinkedIn, you can find, interact, and share content with people based on the company type, industry, or job title.
- YouTube – YouTube has become the second largest search engine in the world, second only to Google. You can upload your video content to this channel to help engage and connect with your audience. With unlimited video hosting, your business can post as much video content as you want and share through other channels.